What is covered under a Nuclear Site Decommissioning insurance policy?
Below are examples of the more common specialist insurances required for the nuclear site decommissioning sector:
- Public & Products Liability insurance for nuclear site decommissioning
- Employers Liability for nuclear site decommissioning
- Contract Works/Contractors All Risks Insurance
- Specialist Professional Indemnity Insurance for the nuclear industry
- Pollution Liability Insurance/Environmental Impairment Liability Insurance
- Specialist Engineering/Plant Insurance for use on nuclear sites
- Motor Fleet Insurance
- Directors & Officers Insurance
- Specialist Project Insurance for specific nuclear site decommissioning projects
Public Liability Insurance for Nuclear Decommissioning Contractors
Public Liability Insurance is a core requirement for businesses. It protects you for your actions whilst at work and covers you for any damages that a member of the public may be awarded, as a result of injury, or damage to their property.
For example, if you are working at a nuclear site and cause accidental damage to the property, your public liability insurance will cover the compensation payments as well as any legal expenses.
Employers Liability for Nuclear Decommissioning Contractors
Employers Liability is compulsory under UK law if you are an employer. It protects you against any claims that might be brought against you should an employee injure themselves at work due to your legal negligence.
For example, if one of your employees sustains an injury from a fall, your employers liability insurance policy will cover you against any claim.
Nuclear Site Decommissioning Contract Works/All Risks Insurance
Contractors All Risks Policies can be arranged on a specific contract basis, or an annual policy to cover all contracts. The insurance is related to contract conditions, either ICE (Institute of Civil Engineers), JCT (Joint Contract Tribunal), NEC, PPC2000 or site specific nuclear decommissioning contracts.
For example, if any of your plant or equipment is stolen, whether you own this, or it is hired in, your Contract Works/All Risks Insurance policy will pay for the replacement of your machinery.