Security Guard Insurance
Security Guard Insurance
Security Guard Insurance
BJP Insurance Brokers is a specialist independent commercial broker with over 20 years of experience in all aspects of security insurance. We have specialist Security Insurance policies designed for Static and Manned Guarding including Keyholding, Mobile Patrols and Security Dog Handling.
Do you provide Static Guarding and require Static Guard Security Liability Insurance or Security Guard Insurance? At BJP we can offer comprehensive security guard insurance for a variety of areas, including:
- Building Sites
- Store Detectives
- Gate Control/Commissionaires
- Mobile & Residential Patrols
- Wheel Clamping
- Hospitals/Patient Restraint
- Car Compounds
BJP Insurance Brokers are able to provide varied and comprehensive cover, either sold individually or packaged together to provide you with a tailored policy that meets you specific needs. We have the best static guard liability insurance at the best prices. To obtain a quotation please complete the enquiry form and we will get in contact with you within one working day. Alternatively, call our Security Guard Insurance Specialist, Steve Neudegg, on 0345 365 2121 or email on email@example.com.
Did you know we also do insurance for Security Dog Handlers and Door Supervisors? Get in touch with us if your services include handling security dogs or providing door supervisors for pubs and clubs.
Security guard insurance
Bespoke insurance cover for security guards
Examples of cover typically included in a security guard insurance policy
Examples of cover that we can offer you:
- Security Guard Public Liability Insurance
- Security Guard Employers Liability Insurance
- Guard Dog Security Liability Insurance
- Cash Carrying Liability Insurance
Which can include:
- Wrongful Arrest Cover
- Efficacy and Contractual Liability
- Loss of Keys/Consequential Loss following Loss of Keys
- Financial Loss (Including Products)
- Fidelity Bonding(Theft or Dishonesty by Employees)
Other policies provided:
- Fleet Insurance for Static Guard
- Office Insurance for Static Guard
- Tax & VAT Investigation Fee Protection
- Legal Expenses Insurance for Static Guard
- Static Guard Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Group Personal Accident Cover
Explanations of cover you may require under your security guard insurance policy
Security Guard Public Liability Insurance
For example, if you are working at a retail outlet and were required for remove them from the premises and they were injured, public liability insurance will cover the compensation payments as well as any legal expenses.
Security Guard Employers Liability Insurance
This Insurance is required by law and provides cover for Legal Liability in respect of death, bodily injury or disease to any employee which may arise during the course of his or her employment.
This add-on covers you for the incorrect detainment of third parties. For example, you hold someone as you suspect they have stolen from a shop you provide retail security to. If it’s found the third party did in fact not steal anything or there is not enough evidence to support it, they could claim for their wrongful arrest. These claims can become very high and should be something that is included in all security specific policies. Under this Section, cover is provided for all sums which your company may be legally liable to pay as damages in respect of Wrongful Arrest committed or alleged to have been committed by you, your company or any person employed by you or on your behalf.
Efficacy/Inefficacy and Contractual Liability
This is a really important add-on and covers the failure to perform/failure to secure/failure to detect etc. This is essentially covering you if you fail to carry out your contractual obligations. This Insurance will grant indemnity for your Legal Liability in respect of bodily injury to any person (other than an employee) and/or loss or damage to property arising out of failure to carry out the duties which you have contracted to perform, including the deliberate acts, wilful default or neglect by your company or your employees or servants. This Section will not provide indemnity for any claim resulting from fraud, dishonesty or embezzlement – this needs to be covered under the Fidelity Guarantee Insurance.
Loss of Keys/Consequential Loss following Loss of Keys
This extension covers you for the costs to replace lost or stolen keys you hold for your clients or the costs to replace locks. The add-on also extends to include any consequential losses your clients may suffer if the keys are lost or stolen. Limits vary between insurers, but it is an important thing to include if you hold keys for customers.
Financial Loss (Including Products)
Indemnifies a company subject to legal liability for financial loss (not in respect of, or as a consequence of bodily injury or damage to property) incurred by others, for claims made against the company during the period of insurance. The standard limit of indemnity is £250,000, with higher limits available upon request.
This extension covers theft and dishonesty by employees against third parties. For example, if a guard you supply orchestrates a theft from a site you are securing, this would fall against your insurance. This extension offer various limits between insurers, but does give you that extra protection against rogue employees and/or contractors. This extension also includes misuse of phones/internet, if, for example, a guard uses the site’s phone to make international calls.
Professional Indemnity Insurance For Static Guard
Event Security Insurance cover offers protection for you against any advice or design input you give that causes a person or company to sustain a loss.
Office Insurance for security guard
Office cover can be provided for your office contents, stock, computers and laptops. It can be extended to cover the financial loss from interruption to your business.
Legal Expenses Insurance for security guard
Legal Expenses cover enables businesses to enable them to meet the cost of defending or pursuing certain civil actions.
Security Guard Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
For example, should you find yourself being personally sued as a result of company business your Static Guard directors and officers liability insurance policy will pay the legal defence costs involved in defending any action made against you or any compensation awards.
Did you know?
- Some policies exclude Inefficacy – this is a failure to perform and probably the most likely loss you will suffer in guarding. This is imperative cover, speak to BJP about how we can help!
- Some policies restrict the locations of work! We will give you clear information and advice on all the quotes we supply.
- Be aware some policies can restrict staff numbers. If this is the case and you add more, they will charge you for this. Speak to a broker who understands the market, speak to BJP!
Security guard insurance
Specialist insurance for all security guards and security companies
Why choose BJP for your Security Guard Insurance?
We are an independent commercial broker based in Wokingham and have been covering the security sector for over 20 years. We have access to some of the main markets in the Security sector so you can be comfortable knowing you have the right cover.
Within the team, we have fully qualified Chartered Insurance Brokers. We have worked closely with security sector leaders to ensure we are offering the best possible advice and keep you up to date with risk management and policies. Our very own Steve Neudegg and Simon Lawrence sit on the Committee Board of the British Standards Institute (BSI) and have helped them re-write key industry standards, such as BS758, BS7499/10800, BS7894 and BS8517. Steve and Simon have also provided presentations to ACS members for the SIA and NASDU members, we are also one of the Founder Members of IPSA.
Our expertise can also take the headache out of having to make a claim. We know the process inside out and can guide you through the various steps, making sure you get the best result in the fastest time. Here are some examples of recent claims we have handled.
- A site our client was protecting suffered a break in and machinery stolen. The 3rd party claimed that the security company didn’t carry out the required patrols. Our insurers successfully defended the claim as they found evidence that all contract obligations were met with all patrols logged showing they were carried out as contractually required. In fact, it was ultimately found that the theft occurred during a time the client wasn’t contracted to provide security services. This fell under the contractual liability/efficacy/inefficacy extension, a good example of why it is imperative to have this cover.
- Our client provided a guard to a listed premises which suffered a theft of led from a roof. The site was being secured at the time but, sadly, it was found the guard had not carried out the patrols they were contracted to do. This was impossible for the insurers to defend as the theft did occur and the patrols were not carried out. The claim was settled with the third party at the best possible terms. Again, this fell under the contractual liability/efficacy/inefficacy extension.
To speak to one of our advisors about any aspect of Security Guard Insurance, or to get a quote now, call us on 0345 365 2121.
Don’t just take our word for it!
“I have used BJP Insurance Brokers for over 3 years and they always provide me with the best insurance cover at the best price for the cover I need to protect my business and staff. They provide me with excellent service and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. I wouldn’t look anywhere else as I know I can rely on them to help me whenever I need them to.”
D B Security Services – Berkshire
To obtain a quotation please complete the enquiry form and we will get in contact with you within one working day.
Alternatively, call our Security Specialist team comprising of Steve Neudegg ACII, Simon Lawrence ACII, Antony Samuel-Camps DIP CII and Jasmine Drumm on 0345 365 2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talk to the BJP team today
For knowledgeable, independent advice as well as free quotes for your security guard insurance policy