What protection can be offered through a smallholding insurance policy?
As with a farm insurance policy, cover can be flexed to suit your particular needs. For example, while a smallholding policy can include cover for the farm dwelling itself as well as personal contents, many smallholdings may not have a dwelling on them. We can tailor a smallholding insurance policy to reflect your particular needs, ensuring adequate protection for the risks you do face, without paying for cover you simply don’t need. Things that you may need to include:
- Smallholders property insurance (buildings and contents)
- Public liability insurance for smallholders
- Employers liability for smallholders
- Smallholder livestock insurance – notably this can include protection for traditional and exotic livestock
- Smallholder vehicles cover
- Smallholder environmental liability insurance
Smallholder vehicle insurance
As a smallholder, you’re perhaps unlikely to have a massive range of vehicles, or indeed anything ‘out of the ordinary’ such as a combined harvester! But if you use a tractor, 4×4 of any description or quad bikes in the running of your smallholding you do need to have the right insurance in place.
It’s unlikely that a standard personal motor policy will provide you with adequate protection. Indeed, if you use a vehicle to transport livestock in anyway (even if its just a couple of sheep in the back of the Land Rover or in a trailer) then a standard personal car policy won’t cover the livestock or any damage to the trailer.
We can help with your smallholder vehicle insurance needs. You can find out more by visiting these other pages on our website:
- Quad Bike Insurance
- Tractor Insurance
- Agricultural vehicle insurance
- Vintage tractor insurance