What Legal Expenses Insurance can do for your business
Running a small business can bring great satisfaction and reward, but it also brings worries. Often you will need to consider employees, clients and possibly suppliers – plus a whole range of hourly, daily, weekly, monthly obligations to make your work a success. Even with the best will in the world, running a business inevitably means the odd disagreement and possibly a stressful legal dispute. That’s the last thing you need when you are striving to make your business a success.
Commercial legal protection insurance may be something to consider to help ease any worries you may have if faced with a legal dispute. It can protect you from defence costs as well as any compensation awarded to a third party, up to an agreed indemnity limit in a range of circumstances:
- Contract disputes which includes Debt Recovery and Arbitration and Adjudication costs
- Defence costs – appointment of solicitors, barristers, expert witnesses
- Employment disputes and compensation awards – employment tribunals, disputes from existing, prospective and ex-employees.
- Property disputes and protection – damage, nuisance or trespass
- Bodily injury – assistance to pursue the legal rights of an insured person in the event of bodily injury or death.
- Tax protection – representation in appeal proceedings of a full or aspect enquiry or VAT dispute.
- Non-Motor criminal prosecutions and certain civil legal proceedings.
If you would like any help, advice or guidance on whether or not your existing insurance provisions will cover you in the event of any of the above, please get in touch.
We are here to help you protect your business and advise on the best way possible to do that.