Total Loss Motor Insurance for Private Car
Total Loss Protection – What is it?
Total Loss Protection is a product offering an alternative to the traditional GAP product and is known best as an out of pocket expenses policy.
It can be used to cover expenses the customer may incur due to having their vehicle declared a total loss e.g. :
- Used to pay for a hire car if no guaranteed hire vehicle within the core insurance policy
- Legal Fees if required
- To put towards the insurers pay out to get an upgrade on new vehicle
Total Loss Protect – How does it work
In the event that the policyholder’s private car is declared a total loss Total Loss Protection we will:
- Pay the policyholder 25% of the motor insurer’s settlement
- Maximum claim limit of £10,000
- No restrictions on mileage
- No Restrictions on age of vehicle.
- No restrictions on the make
- No Restrictions on model of vehicle – Available for both Private and Commercial Vehicles – Different Rates Applicable.
- Where the Motor Insurers Settlement Amount exceeds the Market Value of the vehicle, We reserve the right to calculate the 25% gap claim settlement on the basis of the Market Value at the point of the Total Loss.